Friday, July 24, 2009

Much ado about nothing

I haven't had anything to write about lately. I find this blog thing challenging. I guess, though, that is the point for me. To step outside the box and try something new, something different.

Lately, there has been so much going on in my personal life, but deciding how much, if any of it, to share has been challenging. What do people really want to read about? Do they care about the silverware in the dishwasher debate that My Friend and I have had that we find hilarious? Do people want to hear about how I've struggled with the fact that I can hardly stand to be around my family because they are so judgmental of me and others and, yet, claim whole heartedly to be humble servants of God and it drives me nuts? Do people want to read about how my job is changing and I am so glad and invite the change? Does anyone want to read about how my mother, in a state of drunkenness, proclaims that I will hate having moved away and will be back soon and is adamant that she doesn't like me moving one bit?

Essentially, that has been what's been going on lately. In the grand scheme of things, does any of it matter? Or is it much ado about nothing?

3 comments:

  1. Jess, I think the reason I come to and read your blog is that I read the things that YOU find interesting.

    I don't want to necessarily read what I think is interesting. I just have that choice. If you write about the silverware one day and your mother the next, it's interesting because you thought it was interesting enough to share.

    I think blogging works if you ignore the world and just type away (but remembering to keep your privacy rules in place, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that line: "ignore the world and type away." That's essentially what I do. Sometimes I'm really aware of who's reading and what's interesting, but most of the time I just write.

    I don't have a huge 'readership' but I've created a great little world in this blogosphere using that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement. Both of you. Just the push I need. =)

    ReplyDelete