Friday, September 11, 2009

Bits O' Randomness

I’m going on a trip! I’m uber excited. I am not going to tell you when or where (isn’t that mean?) but I’ll share some pics when return and tell you all about it. I am going to visit my niece. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to this.

**********

I need to exercise. I want to exercise. I want to be healthy. I want to be fit. I really wish I had a good motivator to work with. I don’t need anyone to tell me what I need to do, I just need someone to stay motivated with who will be as committed to me as I am to them. Oh motivational workout partner, where are you?

**********

I went to a new chiropractor yesterday. What a heavenly place. I feel so much better. My back was bothering me in so many places. My neck in two places – at the top and at the base. This was causing me to have headaches (which I never get) and pain in my right arm and hand. There was also a great deal of pressure between my shoulder blades. I was amazed that the chiropractor was able to adjust that spot. He used a technique that was new to me. I was completely wowed. My lower back was out of whack as well causing numbness in my right leg. Whew! What am mess I am.

The chiropractor reiterated something I had known for a long time. I have one leg that is longer than the other (or one that is shorter than the other, whichever you prefer). So he gave me heel lift to put in my shoe. I have had one of these once before and I know I still have it somewhere. I find the new heel lift to be quite annoying as it is nothing more than some hard rubber that does not fit well or stay put well in any of my shoes. The lift also elevates my foot inside the shoe so much that my shoe actually comes off while walking. What to do, what to do… I will say what I like about it is the relief from pressure in my lower back by making my hips even. Pressure that I didn’t realize was there until it was gone. So I want to continue to use the darn thing, I just need to find a way to keep it in my shoe and to keep my shoe on.

The chiropractor also addressed an issue that I am aware of, but I just haven’t wanted to pay attention to - shoes with lower heels. Ugh! Do you know how completely unfashionable loafer-like shoes are???? I have consciously made decisions about my heeled shoes with a lower heel in mind. This choice is primarily because I have had ACL replacement surgery in my left knee and I am aware of how bad heels are for your knees. So I have slyly tried to compromise by wearing fashionable shoes with lower heels. Truthfully, I know I am kidding myself. I know I am in denial. It’s just that…well…flats seem so unflattering on me. They are cute on other people, but I really like the way a pair of heels elongates the leg, makes me appear taller and makes me feel a little bit more feminine and sexy.

Anyway, after yesterday’s chiropractic adjustment, I went home and slept like a baby. I laid down across the bed around 7:30. I finally decided that I was tired and crawled into bed around 9:00 and slept until 5:30 this morning. I am feeling quite refreshed and I love it.

**********

Speaking of 5:30 in the morning, that is the time that I have risen at least four to five (and sometimes six) days a week since the beginning of July. I am truly becoming a Daytime Night Owl. Though I once cringed at and squawked about getting up before 7:00 am, if I now sleep past 6:00, I feel like I am wasting precious time. Now, don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE to sleep in on the weekends (does Sunday count as the weekend) and I LOVE to stay up late and I still come alive around 11:00 pm, but I have had to force myself into bed early. Early nights and early mornings – that’s my reality for now. I am sure once this extra work is over, I will return to a little bit later schedule. And, if I were perfectly honest, I would tell you that this hasn’t been a solo endeavor. I have only been successful at this because of the help of My Friend with early morning calls and early night bed times impressed upon me. And, for that, I am thankful because I know myself well enough to know that, even now, I don’t think I could force myself out of bed on the days where I am just plain exhausted.

Well, folks, that’s all of the randomness I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment