Monday, June 15, 2009

Life Changes for the Better

Photo courtesy of Daytime Night Owl

I've moved. Again. This time, I have moved for a multitude of reasons. I have moved to a different town. I have moved to a place that is somewhat familiar, but not. I have moved to a location that is quite a bit larger than what I am used to. There are more people, more houses, more traffic, more shopping, more things to do, etc. I am closer to work. I am closer to friends with whom I work. I am closer to family that I didn't know existed.

I am away from my familiar surroundings. I am away from the place where I grew up. I am away from my mother. I have distanced myself from relationships that were unhealthy. I am removed from the comfort of being a short distance from everything and everyone I know.

This was a bittersweet move. I left behind a relationship that has existed for nearly half of my life. I cried. I cried a lot. I second guessed myself. I worried. I made myself sick worrying. I haven't eaten much. I've lost weight. I've lost sleep. I'm exhausted.

I look forward to the adventure that lies ahead. I look forward to trying new things, meeting new people and exploring new places. I will, more easily, be able to advance my career and/or education. I look forward to spending time with the friends I've made, but have been too far away from. I look forward to making my new place my home. I invite the opportunity to spend more time with family that I have not known until recently. I look forward to new opportunities whatever they may be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for and proud of you. I want to come visit soon.

    ReplyDelete