Sunday, January 3, 2010

It's a New Year

Happy New Year everyone!  Wow! Can you believe that it's 2010 already?  Seems like just yesterday everyone was preparing for Y2K.  Well, here's to hoping that the new year brings new adventures and a lot of joy and happiness to all!

I cannot believe a full two weeks have passed and tomorrow I go back to work. It is going to be an adjustment.  It's amazing what two weeks can do to your sleep schedule, eating schedule...overall schedule.  I tried my best not to overdo the late nights (hello Night Owl) and I tried not to sleep in too much because I know the affect on my workweek schedule could be detrimental.  This first week back will tell how much damage has been done for sure.

So, I brought in the new year with a nasty rash.  First thing New Year's day, I was at the walk-in clinic waiting to see the doctor to tell me what in the world was on my skin.  Of course, no real determination can be made of what caused it since he claims it is an allergic reaction.  It could be a reaction to anything. We talked about soap, laundry soap, fabric softener, new clothes, etc.  It could be anything or any number of things.  He gave me a prescription for Allegra (Thanks, but I have Benadryl and Zyrtec at home. I could have saved myself a trip and the cost of the prescription.) and sent me on my way.  Meanwhile, two days later, I still look like this:

Um, yeah, happy New Year

New Year's morning spent at walk-in clinic thankyouverymuch

hello allergic reaction to...something

And I have more spots showing up on my back now. So...it's off to the Express Care this time.  Well see if a different doc gives a different verdict.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment