Friday, October 9, 2009

Am I just being lazy?

Phot courtesy emagnus


Because My Friend has connections everywhere (ev-er-ry-where!), an awesome opportunity presented itself last night. My Friend has a friend (The Trainer) who is an ex-bodybuilder and is retired and who, now, spends time training others. My Friend took it upon himself to stop and talk to The Trainer about me telling him that I have been weighing my options in regard to some kind of physical fitness activities. The Trainer then kindly offered his services three days a week for $20 per week.

$20 per week people! Do you know how stinking cheap that is? For your own personal trainer!!! And he essentially offered to come to me. To bring his person to my person and kick my butt for $20 per week!

I am hesitant. Why? Two reasons.

Reason #1) $20 per week doesn't seem like much until you say $80 per month. Did I mention that overtime is, well, over? I am already back on a stringent budget. However, My Friend offered to pay for this. Why? Because he feels he owes me.

Reason #2) In part, I feel like I am just being lazy. Paying someone to help me do something that I know full well I can do myself. I have gotten out there before and ran all summer long. That is where it usually stops though. I go for a summer and become a couch potato through the winter and spring.

I don't know what to do. Do I go for it? Am I just being lazy by not getting out there and doing it myself? Didn't Dr. Phil say, "Sometimes action has to come before motivation?" What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should worry about Reason 2. Everyone is capable of doing it themselves, sure, but some us need a little kick in the butt. I'd love to have a personal trainer, someone to keep me motivated when I'm feeling lazy.

    The money thing... I don't know. I know I surely don't have an extra $80 a month, but I don't know your budget. Obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're being lazy.

    I'd say that maybe its worth it for a few sessions? Sometimes you just need to get someone to motivate you but you should be able to take whatever you learn during your sessions and do them on your own.

    ReplyDelete