Friday, August 13, 2010

Way. Too. Busy.

The past several months have been extremely busy. I don't mean to complain about being busy. That is not my intention. I make it a point not to complain because I moved last year, in part, to have a life.  Or more of a life, anyway.  But it just isn't my personal life that is busy.  Work has been so crazy busy for several months now that I barely have a chance to catch my breath or to look ahead at what is to come because I'm still looking back at the whirlwind of the last several months. 

Everything remains overloaded. My work email has 129 unread emails, my personal email teeters on 200 unread emails and my Google Reader is lingering around 920 unread items.  I try to keep up, but end up sending brief, cold responses out to co-workers and friends instead of carefully communicated or caring messages.  I have missed important dates like the birthday's of my best friend's kids and baby showers.  I'm tired and cranky.  And I haven't had a chance to enjoy the summer at all.  Although, summer is always a busy time with the overtime that I try to put in.  This summer feels as though it's come and it's going fast and I haven't had time to sit outside and take in the fresh air, listen to the birds sing, marvel over the beautiful green trees and grass, or go for a boat ride on the lake.  I miss my family, I miss my friends and I miss just being able to sit and enjoy the quiet.

Things with My Friend and his personal issues keep us very busy too.  If it's not one thing, it's another with his situation. And you never know when it's going to strike.  Just when you think things have calmed down, you realize that that was just the calm before the storm.   

I'm hoping that as the overtime comes to an end, things will slow down.  Then again, I've been thinking that things will slow down for months now and they just keep picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment